Vidalia Onion & Potato Soup - Pressure Cooker
3 large potatoes, peeled, sliced and cubed
4 cups Vidalia onions, chopped or thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
5 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Kosher salt
cracked pepper to taste
3 Tbsp parsley, fresh chopped, or
chives, snipped (optional)
1. Preheat Nesco® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker on WARM. Heat butter and saute onions and celery for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
2. Lock lid on pressure cooker.
3. Turn pressure regulator knob to "Seal" [see note below].
4. Then set pressure button on control panel on "HIGH". Set desired cooking time [6 minutes] by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired times is reached.
5. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and floating valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
6. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
7. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Then turn pressure regulator knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts to release pressure.
8. Puree 2 cups of soup in a blender or food processor. Pour the smooth soup back into pressure cooker. Reheat and serve.
For a thicker soup, use a potato masher to mash the soup base to the desired consistency before adding milk and parsley.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.