Cabbage & Veggie Combo w/Sausage - Pressure Cooker
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 cup onions, chopped
1½ to 2 pounds sausage or frankfurters, precooked, diced
1½ lbs potatoes, cubed
1lb baby carrots
1 small to medium head of green cabbage, cut in wedges, cored
1/2 tsp dill weed
1 tsp caraway seed (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine broth, mustard and onions and place in the removable Cooking Pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
2. Layer sausage, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, dill and caraway (if using). It's OK if cabbage is above maximum fill line as it will quickly shrink and reduce in size when cooker reaches designated pressure.
3. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
4. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
5. Then set Pressure Button on Control Panel on "HIGH". Set desired cooking time by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [5 minutes].
6. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
7. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
8. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
9. Remove lid. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.