Rice Pudding - Pressure Cooker
2½ cup water
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 Tbsp butter (controls foaming)
1/4 tsp salt
- Stir together and place above ingredients into the Cooking Pot of NESCO® 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on "LOW". Set desired cooking time by pressing "LOW" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [15 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid and add the following:
1½ cups milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon for garnish
Stir in milk, making sure all rice is released from bottom of cooker. Add sugar and raisins.
Press BROWN button, then START/STOP button and bring to a boil while stirring, approximately 5 minutes. If pudding seems too soupy, continue cooking another minute. Pudding will thicken as it cools. Stir in vanilla.
Turn off cooker, unplug from outlet and transfer pudding into individual serving dishes. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Serve warm or chilled.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.