Spareribs, Sauerkraut & Potatoes - Pressure Cooker
5 lbs spareribs
2 Tbsp fat or vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lbs sauerkraut, drained
2 Tbsp brown sugar
8 potatoes, medium, whole
1&1/3 cups water
- Brown ribs in fat in Cooking Pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put sauerkraut in bottom of cooking pot and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place ribs and potatoes over sauerkraut. Add water. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on Control Panel on "LOW". Set desired cooking time by pressing "LOW" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [20 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and floating valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Let appliance stand and allow pressure to drop down naturally which takes from 10 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts to make sure all pressure has been released.
- Remove lid and serve.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.