Dried Fruit Compote - Pressure Cooker
4 cups water
1½ cups mixed dried fruits, tightly packed
12 dried figs, halved
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts
2 Tbsp crystallized ginger
1. Place water, fruits, nuts and ginger in a NESCO® 3-in-1 Digital 6 Qt. Electric Pressure Cooker.
2. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
3. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
4. Then set Pressure Regulator Button on Control Panel to "LOW". Set desired cooking time by pressing "LOW" button once for each minute until desired time is reached [5 minutes].
5. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
6. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
7. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts to make sure all pressure has been released.
8. Open lid and allow to cool briefly. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.