Beef & Cheese Treats - Pet Treat
2 cups beef, cubed to about 1/2" squares
1 cup water, approximately
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, or green beans) finely chopped
2/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp beef bullion
1/2 tsp sage, ground
- Put cubed meat in frying pan & add enough water to cover meat. Cook over a low to medium heat until meat is done. Do not let water completely evaporate; add more if needed.
- Put meat in processor or blender & add one cup water from pan with meat juices. Puree until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl & add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture by teaspoonful (single treat size) onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator for approximately 5-7 hours or until completely dry outside. They will be soft inside.
Makes about 4 dozen treats.
Store in air-tight container in refrigerator where they will remain food for about three weeks. Excess can be frozen.
You can substitute cheddar cheese instead of the feta cheese.
Replace green vegetables with finely grated carrots.
Replace sage with paprika.