Leftover Magic - Pet Treat
This recipe uses leftover meats to create tasty, crunchy dog biscuits your dog will love. You can use just about any meat leftover from your meal as long as the meat is not overly spicy or greasy.
Makes (12) 3" long dog biscuits
1 cup of meat, cooked
1/3 to 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, plain
1/2 cup oat bran flour
- Cut or shred meat into small pieces. Put in food processor or blender.
- Add about 1/3 cup of water to blender. Puree until the meat is a thick paste. If blender is laboring, add a little more water.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl. Add oatmeal & flour, stir well.
- When mixture gets too stiff to stir, knead dough until it is well mixed. Form dough into a ball.
- Place ball on a floured bread board & with a rolling pin, roll out to about 1/4" thick.
- Use dog bone shaped cutter & cut bone shapes & transfer to a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator for approximately 3-4 hours or until completely dry & crunchy.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, They will remain good for 3 weeks.