|Swiss Steak with Pickled Onions - Pressure Cooker
|1/3 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 lbs round steak, 1/2" thick
3 tbsp fat or vegetable oil
2 10oz jars pickled onions, drained
- Preheat NESCO 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker on WARM.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Cut steak into individual servings. Coat with flour mixture. Brown in hot fat in cooker.
- Add enough water to onion liquid to measure 1½ cups. Add onions and onion-water mixture to cooker.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise to lock in place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on control panel on "LOW". Set desired cooking time [30 minutes] by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached.
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Let unit stand to allow pressure to drop down naturally for 10 minutes. Then turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts to make sure all pressure has been released.
Serves 8 to 12
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.
2 cups broth (liquid from cooked meat)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cold water
Skim excess fat from broth. Add enough water to broth to measure 2 cups. Mix flour and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gravy is smooth and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.