|Steamed Holiday Pudding - Pressure Cooker
|1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp rum extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup candied cherries, chopped
1/4 cup citron, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
3 cups water
Beat shortening, sugar, eggs and rum extract in large mixer bowl on low speed until smooth. Then beat at medium speed for one minute. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Add fruit and nuts. Mix well. Spread ingredients in a well-greased 1-quart mold or heatproof bowl. Cover with foil.
- Pour 3 cups of water into NESCO® 6 QT. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker. Set mold on rack in cooker.
- Place lid on cooker and lock into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to 'Steam'.
- Press 'STEAM' button on Control Panel. The indicator light will stat flashing and display will show "01" (equals 1 minutes cooking time).
- Set desired cooking time (45 minutes) by pressing 'HIGH' button once for each additional minute or press continuously until time is reached.
- Press "START/STOP" button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing.
- Serve hot as pudding or cold as fruitcake.