|Custard - Pressure Cooker
|2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 - 3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
2 cups milk, scalded
1 cup water
1. Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into four (6 oz.) custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
2. Place cups on rack in Nesco® 3-in-1 Digital 6 Qt. Electric Pressure Cooker.
3. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
4. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
5. Then set Pressure Regulator Button on control Panel on "LOW". Set desired cooking time by pressing "LOW" button one for each minute until desired time is reached [3 minutes].
6. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
7. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
8. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Let unit stand and allow pressure to drop down naturally, approximately 10 minutes.
9. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts to make sure all pressure has been released. Remove lid.
Variations: Substitute brown sugar (packed) for granulated sugar. Or, top cooked custard with chocolate, caramel or pineapple ice cream topping, fresh, canned or thawed frozen fruit or maple-flavored syrup.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.