|Mom's Meatloaf - Pressure Cooker
|2 pounds ground chuck
1 cup dry bread or cracker crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup water
- Place water in NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker and preheat on WARM. Place trivet in removable Cooking Pot.
- In large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly. Place in 8" round cake pan, pressing mixture into a loaf. Tear off a 6"wide piece of aluminum foil and fold in half lengthwise and lay across trivet. This aids in removing the cake pan after cooking cycle is complete. Place pan on top of foil and trivet in cooker.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on control panel on "HIGH". Set desired cooking time by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [28-30 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid and carefully remove pan from cooker using hot pads and foil ends.
- Set aside 5 minutes before cutting or serving. Season to taste.
Serves 4 to 6
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.