|Kealy's Favorite Treats - Pet Treat
|Makes about 3 dozen treats, depending upon the size of the treats you make.
2 cups chicken, cooked, chopped into small pieces or finely shredded
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened, no cinnamon
1/2 cup spinach, fresh, finely chopped
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor & puree until a thick paste.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto dehydrator trays (Smaller spoonfuls for smaller dogs, bigger spoonfuls for bigger dogs.)
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator approximately 3-5 hours depending on the size of the treat (the outside of the treat will be dry & the inside soft).
- When done, let treats cool on the trays.
Store in an airtight container. Treats should be refrigerated if not used within several days. They can also be stored in refrigerator for a couple of weeks. Excess can be frozen.
You can substitute a variety of things in this recipe.
- turkey for chicken
- green beans, cooked & finely chopped, for spinach
- grated fresh zucchini for spinach
- grated fresh summer squash for spinach