|Parmesan Bacon Chicken Strips - Pet Treat
|Makes about 2 dozen strip sized treats, depending on the size of the chicken breast & how thinly you slice them.
2 large chicken breasts, deboned
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, hulled, roasted
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, dry, grated
2 Tbsp flour (can be wheat, rice, oat or barley)
2 Tbsp bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Cook chicken thoroughly. Set aside to cool slightly, then slice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices
- Put remaining ingredients (except chicken) in food processor or blender & grate until a fine powder. Put powder in a pie pan or shallow bowl
- Take one slice of chicken & dampen under running water, shaking off excess water, & then place in dry mixture. Using tines of fork, press chicken into mixture, flattening chicken slightly but also pressing mixture into the meat. Turn chicken slice over & press again. Then place on dehydrator tray.
- Repeat process for all of the chicken slice.
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator approximately 3-5 hours. When chicken is done, it should be dry, with no moisture remaining, & break easily
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator - should last about 3 weeks. Excess can be frozen.