|Training Treats - Pet Treat
|1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup red kidney beans, canned
1 cup zucchini, fresh, grated
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp sage, finely ground
- Sautee ground beef, breaking up chunks as meat is cooking, until all meat is crumbled
- Drain liquid from kidney beans & save liquid
- Put beans & zucchini in food processor or blender & puree until a thick paste
- Add meat, applesauce & sage to mixture in processor & puree. If mixture is too thick add some of the liquid from the beans but just enough to process. There should be no chunks of meat or beans when done
- Fill jerky gun with mixture and put round tip on the Jerky Works Kit
- Squeeze out 4" long treats on dehydrator trays (If there are chunks of meat or red kidney beans, the jerky gun will clog.)
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator for 3-5 hours depending on how wet the mixture is. Treats are done when completely dry
When treats are cool, they may be broken up into training treat-sized pieces.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Excess may be frozen.