1. Always unplug the appliance before cleaning.
2. Never immerse the Motor of this appliance in water or other liquid.
3. The Blade, Slicing Guard and Food Carriage can all be hand washed in warm soapy water. Be careful when cleaning the Blade as it is extremely sharp. Do not leave blade under water; trying to handle sharp objects in water is hazardous. Do not put any parts in dishwasher.
4. Set Thickness Adjustment Knob to “0”.
5. For ease of cleaning, the Food Carriage can be tilted up or removed.
6. Remove Blade by holding the Blade with one hand and using a coin to unlock Blade Locking Screw by turning it 1/4 turn clockwise. Carefully pull Blade off and hold by using the center hole of Blade.
7. Clean outer surfaces with a damp cloth. Mild detergent or plain water can be used to dampen cloth. Never immerse Motor in water or any other liquid. Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners or sharp utensils.
8. After cleaning and drying, install Blade and Blade Locking Screw to Motor in reverse order of Step 6. Carefully place Blade on mating hub of Motor Assembly. Align the Locking Screw tabs with the mating slots in the plastic hub of Motor Assembly and press in until seated. Rotate Locking Screw 1/4 turn counter-clockwise to lock Blade in place.