Food safety rules are based on scientific study as well as common sense. The following rules and important information will guide you to improved food safety and optimal food storage.
• Once you have heated, defrosted or thawed perishable foods, consume them.
• After opening canned food or commercially vacuum packed food, they can be vacuum packed again. Follow the instructions to refrigerate after opening and store re-vacuumed packages properly.
• Do not defrost foods in hot water or via other heat sources. It doesn’t matter whether they are vacuum packed or not.
• Do not consume foods if they are perishable and have been left out at room temperature for more than a few hours. This is especially important if they have been prepared with a thick sauce, in a vacuum package, or in a low oxygen environment.
• Spread vacuum packages evenly throughout the refrigerator or freezer to cool down food temperature quickly