- This product is designed for household use only -
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock and personal injury, do not immerse this appliance, including cord and plug, in water or other liquid.
4. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool completely before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. To avoid hazards, return appliance to NESCO® Factory Service Department for examination, repair or adjustment.
8. The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended by the manufacturer may cause a risk of injury to persons.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electrical burner or in a heated oven.
12. Do not use appliance for other than its intended use, as described in this manual.
13. Operate appliance only when all parts are fully engaged and secured.
14. Never place fingers or other utensils into feed or discharge areas.
15. Check ice hopper for presence of foreign objects before using. Remove if necessary.
16. Do not use appliance to cut frozen foods, bones or pitted fruits.
17. Make sure the motor stops completely and power cord is removed before removing or assembling any items.
18. Avoid contacting moving parts.
19. Keep hands and utensils out of container while operating to reduce the risk of severe injury or damage to the appliance.
20. Blades are sharp! Handle carefully.