- Casings (natural or synthetic) are available in some grocery stores, most butcher shops, meat packing plants and butcher supply houses. Local butchers or giant supermarkets that make their own sausage are the best resource.
- Meats must be coarsely ground and seasoned before making sausage links.
- Select Sausage Cone based on size of casing to be used.
- Before stuffing, insert two fingers into one end of casing to open, hold under faucet and let water run the entire length. This will wash away some of the packing salt. If you don’t clean well, your sausage will turn out saltier than when you tested the seasoning.
To Stuff Casings:
NOTE: Stuff casing loosely, as some sausages will expand during cooking.
- Gather all of casing over Sausage Cone, except the last 4 inches.
- Place seasoned meat into Food Hopper and depress Switch “ON” (I).
- Use Pushrod to push seasoned meat into Grinder Head. As you push mix through Grinder, it will stuff your casing.
- As casing begins to fill, tie-off end with string.
- Distribute meat through casing and twist into links as it fills to obtain desired size and shape.
- When finished, or casing is full, press Switch “OFF” (O).
- Unplug unit from electrical outlet and clean thoroughly by following cleaning instructions.