• Steaming will bring out the fresh flavor, color and texture of vegetable. Steamed vegetables are fat-free and low in calories. The nutrients are steamed into the vegetables and not cooked out.
• Always fill reservoir to at least minimum level before connecting to power supply.
• Clean vegetables thoroughly. Remove stems, peel or chop if needed. Smaller pieces of food steam more quickly than larger pieces.
• Frozen vegetables should not be thawed before steaming. Stir after steaming 10 - 12 minutes.
• Quantity, quality, freshness and size of foods will affect the steaming times. Adjust water amounts and steaming time as desired.