1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. Always plug appliance cord into wall outlet, then adjust temperature control to the desired temperature. To disconnect, turn control to off, then remove plug from wall outlet.
4. To protect against electrical shock and personal injury, do not immerse this appliance, including cord and plug, in water or other liquid.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool completely before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. To avoid hazard, return appliance to Open County® Factory Service Department for examination, repair or adjustment.
8. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, touch hot surfaces and never pull on cord.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electrical burner or in a heated oven.
12. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or hot liquids.
13. Do not use appliance for other than its intended use, as described in this manual.
14. Always place the appliance on a non-flammable, non-burnable, heat resistant surface when cooking. DO NOT place it on carpet, furniture, or other combustible materials. Operate slow cooker in a well-ventilated area away from walls.