1. Place base on a flat, stable surface.
2. Be sure the unit is disconnected from electrical outlet before installing or removing any components.
3. Place Jar onto Base, aligning tabs, and turn slightly clockwise to lock into place. Unit has a safety design which will not operate if the Jar is not positioned properly onto the Base.
4. Fill Jar with desired foods. Do not exceed Maximum fill line (Max = 50 oz. / 1500mL).
5. DO NOT USE BLENDER WHILE EMPTY OR WITHOUT JAR AND COVER IN PLACE.
6. Place cover onto Jar and push firmly to secure.
7. Install Measuring Cup and turn to lock. If blending hot foods, remove measuring cup from cover while blending.
8. Set the control dial to ‘OFF’ and connect the cord to 120V electrical outlet.
9. Turn the knob to ‘ON’ position. Backlight will turn on, indicating power is ON.
10. For auto settings, press PULSE, ICE or SMOOTHIE to operate in corresponding mode.
11. To adjust speed, turn control dial between Minimum (lowest speed) and Maximum (highest speed) to choose desired speed setting.
NOTE: DO NOT OPERATE UNIT CONTINUOUSLY FOR MORE THAN 2 MINUTES.