1. Always turn OFF the power switch then unplug appliance before cleaning.
2. Empty remaining liquid by removing lid, basket and pump tube and pouring liquid into drain.
3. Clean the surfaces with clean, damp, soft cloth or sponge. Never place base of appliance in water or other liquids.
4. Never use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads. Do not use Baking Soda because it can pit the metal and discolor permanently.
5. Allow to dry before storage.
6. Some water has higher mineral content that can discolor the inside of the urn body. To remove these stains fill to desired level with COLD WATER use several tablespoons of vinegar or Cream of Tartar powder. Allow to heat for about 10 minutes then stop heating cycle using power switch. Drain solution and clean as noted above.