Before using your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven® for the first time
Wash base, liner, lid and racks in hot soapy water or run through dishwasher.
Important - do not put fan assembly in water or in dishwasher.
For best results and longevity of Nescote® non-stick-coated liner pan, it should be "cured" before using. Brush a light coating of vegetable oil on surface and then run unit empty on HIGH fan speed for three minutes.
Important - do not brush oil on lid.
Use and Care
- The lid has 4 tabs that lock into 4 ridges located in fan assembly. They assure a "snug" precision fit. NOTE: All 4 must be securely locked together to prevent lid from coming off during use. Set lid on a flat surface and place powerhead into center opening of lid. Press gently to fully insert powerhead and firmly turn clockwise until locked into place. The powerhead must be square with textured area around center of lid. Check for proper fit by jiggling assembly. There should be no movement. If your machine does not close properly, lid is probably not on straight. If so, remove it and repeat procedure.
- Slide hinge pin assembly over handle on base. If done correctly, one of the base handles will be covered or hidden by hinge pin assembly.
- Slide powerhead onto silver hinge pin until firmly in place.
- Place liner in base of unit. Set "bottom" rack on liner. Never operate unit without using liner as it may cause damage to countertop or other surface.
- Lower lid onto bottom base. Make sure lid is closed and seated properly in base. If your unit has "OFF" position for fan, check to see that the fan is in "OFF" position. Plug into electrical outlet.
- Place unit far enough away from wall to assure free flow of air. Clear away any object on countertop that may obstruct airflow to back of unit.
- You are now ready to cook in your new Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven®
Your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven® is made of "space age" plastics, which are not only capable of withstanding high temperatures, but are also stain-resistant and easy to care for. To keep your Nesco®/American Harvest®
Jet-Stream Oven® looking new and functioning properly, it is important to follow instructions below.
For best results, use rubber, plastic, or wood utensils on non-stick surface of liner. Metal objects may cause damage to surface. Plastic scrubbing pads may be used to remove baked-on residue. Never use non-stick spray on lid as it will become "gummy" and very difficult to remove without damaging the surface.
- Protect the Non-stick Surfaces
Your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven® comes equipped with a removable non-stick liner pan. The liner pan not only makes cleanup easy, but doubles as a heat shield, keeping bottom of unit from reaching undesired temperatures. Always use your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven® with liner pan to prevent damage to countertops or other surfaces.
The motor is located at the back of fan assembly. It is important to keep counter clear behind unit, to allow free flow of air to motor.
In older homes, you may experience a drop in power if unit is run at same time as another high-wattage appliance such as a toaster or microwave oven. This is due to the limited amount of current available in older homes with 15 amp service and is a common problem with all high-wattage appliances.
- Voltage Drop in Older Homes
Your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven® is made of durable easy care plastics that are dishwasher safe. Cleanup is quick and easy. Take your oven apart before washing. Every part of your Nesco®/American Harvest® Jet-Stream Oven®
(except powerhead,) can be washed in top rack of dishwasher. However, DO NOT use rinsing agents in dishwasher when washing oven as they may deteriorate the plastic. On occasion, it may become necessary to soak burned-on foods or greasy film in hot soapy water. Do not use abrasive metal cleaning pads or cleansers, they will scratch the polished surfaces.
Cleaning the Lid and Base
Spray-type oven cleaner, cold method, can be used on both the lid and base when soaking is not effective. Should stubborn stains occur on base, remove by soaking base in a solution of 1 cup liquid bleach and 4 cups water, Make sure to wash and rinse items if you sprayed them with oven cleaner or bleach solution. DO NOT use any spray cleaners.
Cleaning the Liner Pan and Racks
Plastic mesh scrubbing pads may be used on wire cooking racks for baked-on foods. The chrome finish on racks and non-stick finish on liner pan should not require more than soaking in hot soapy water to remove stubborn stains. DO NOT use spray-type oven cleaners on non-stick metal surfaces. It will ruin the finish!
For light cleaning jobs, lay top rack in liner pan and place bottom rack on top. Pour 1/2 tsp. mild dishwashing liquid into liner pan, add 1/2 cup warm water, close lid and set fan speed to LOW. Let oven run 5-10 minutes. Turn off and disassemble. RINSE THOROUGHLY to remove all cleaning residue and dry.
For Heavy Cleaning
Use method above as a pre-wash to make hand washing easier. If a lot of grease has collected in inner pan during cooking, remove grease with paper towels before using this cleaning method. Disassemble oven, rinse thoroughly to remove all cleaning residue and dry.
DO NOT IMMERSE POWERHEAD IN WATER!
Cleaning the Fan Assembly
The fan assembly requires little maintenance because it seldom gets soiled. In the event that it requires cleaning, the same precautions must be taken for cleaning it as are taken for the liner pan and racks. Never use abrasive cleaning pads, cleansers or spray-type oven cleaners.
Be sure to unplug powerhead before disassembling.
To disassemble fan for cleaning, remove lock nut and then fan blade, taking care not to bend it. Wash blade in hot soapy water, rinse and dry. Wipe rest of assembly with a hot soapy dishcloth, making sure water does not get inside unit. Wipe with a clean damp cloth. Do not immerse powerhead in water!
Before reattaching fan blade, check for flatness by spinning it on a flat surface. Bent or warped blades will cause vibrating and/or unusual noise when oven is running. If fan blade is bent or warped, place on a hard flat surface and gently push down on blade. This should correct any problems. If blade is severely bent and cannot be realigned, call our toll free Customer Service number for assistance. 1-800-288-4545.
Reattach fan blade. Take care not to push on blades as this could cause them to bend, be sure to securely fasten lock nut.
Note: Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service center.
DO NOT WASH POWERHEAD IN DISHWASHER OR IMMERSE IN WATER!