|"1b"How to use your Burr Grinder
- Remove all packaging materials before using first time.
- Put lid on grounds bin and slide into coffee grinder, pushing it back until it clicks into place.
- Remove hopper lid from bean hopper.
- Put required amount of coffee beans in bean hopper, the amount will vary with the type of coffee and your own taste. We suggest a tablespoon of ground coffee to one 6 oz. cup of coffee.
- Replace hopper lid on bean hopper.
- Move grinding size wheel to desired setting. The wheel is marked as 1 (fine) to 9 (course) with settings midway between each number. As a guide, we suggest 1-3 for Espressos, 4-6 for filtered coffeemakers and 7-9 for Percolators, etc.
- Set timer to the number of cups to be ground 0 - 12. This is only a guide as Fine grinding will take longer than Course grinding.
- Plug cord into 120 volt electrical outlet. If it does not fit, rotate plug 180°, if it still does not fit contact a certified electrician.
- Press and release On/Off switch. The coffee grinder will start, the beans will begin to fall between grinding wheels and ground coffee will be ejected into grounds bin.
- When coffee grinder stops, press On/Off switch and remove plug from electrical outlet.
- If you need to grind more coffee, please wait one minute before reusing.
- Clean grinder after each use. Coffee left over can become stale and get mixed in with next batch.
- After one minute of use (12 Cups), let grinder cool for one minute before reusing.
- Do not operate more than 2 minutes at one time.
- Before cleaning, turn timer to “0” (off) and press On/Off switch. Then remove plug from electrical outlet. It is now ready to be cleaned.
- The grinding wheels are fixed and cannot be removed.
- Other than cleaning, no additional maintenance or servicing of this appliance is required. If repairs are needed, follow instructions in Warranty (pg. 5).