When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
THIS APPLIANCE IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE. A short cord is provided to reduce any hazards that would result from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- Always make sure temperature knob is at lowest setting/off before plugging or unplugging unit.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the heatwell appliance, including cord and plug into water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to Nesco® Repair Department for examination, repair or adjustment.
- The use of any accessory attachments not recommended by manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near hot gas or electric burners or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot foods or liquids.
- Do not use appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not use metal scouring pads on exterior surface of Roaster Oven. Pieces can break off pad and touch electrical parts creating a shock hazard.