When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE.
2. The appliance is designed for household use only. It is not intended for commercial use.
3. To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the Motor Assembly, including cord and plug, in water or other liquid. See Cleaning Instructions.
4. Do not allow children to get access to this appliance. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children.
5. Unplug appliance from power outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
6. Do not operate any appliance with damaged cord or plug or after appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to NESCO® Customer Service Department for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. Only use accessory attachments recommended by manufacturer.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of a table or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
11. The Safety Switch prevents accidental operation of slicer.
12. Do not operate appliance continuously for more than 10 minutes. Allow appliance to cool down for one hour before second operation.
13. Do not use appliance to cut deep frozen food or bones.
14. Operate appliance only when Blade Locking Screw is properly engaged and tightened.
15. Handle Blade carefully when cleaning, removing and inserting, as blade is extremely sharp. Do not touch sharp edge of Blade.
16. Be careful, Blade continues to turn for a while after appliance has been turned off.
17. To avoid danger of injury, always cut food with this appliance fully assembled. The Food Carriage and Slicing Guard must always be used.
18. Adjust supporting plate to position “0” after use and before cleaning.
19. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.