Who’s ready for some football? Gameday parties are back in season and this Supreme Pizza Dip is the perfect dish for Sunday kickoffs
· 16 oz softened cream cheese
· 5 cups shredded cheese, Italian blend
· 4 teaspoons of Italian herb seasoning
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 ½ cup pizza sauce
· Pepperoni slices
· 2/3 cup of cooked sausage
· 6 – 8 tablespoons of chopped bell pepper
· 6 – 8 tablespoons of sliced black olives
· 1 large onion chopped (optional)
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with 2 cups of shredded cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, combine well.
Spread cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker. Then spread the pizza sauce over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the pizza sauce to cover it. Spread the pepperoni, crumbled sausage, bell pepper and black olives over the entire surface of the dip.
Cover top of the slow cooker with paper towel to catch condensation and cover tightly with the lid. Slow cook the dip for 1-2 hours on high, or 2-3 hours on low until all the layers are warm and soft and the cheese has melted. Keep on warm and serve with crackers, pita chips and veggies.