The perfect backyard barbecue is in your future with our Baby Back Ribs recipe. This summer, enjoy entertaining instead of grilling with the help of your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven. Simply preheat oven, arrange meat in cookwell, and roast until tender. Smothered in a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce, your ribs will become the topic of conversation.
Your Key Ingredient:
2 – 3 lb baby back ribs, cut apart
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bay leafhot water to cover ribs
1/2 to 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 250º F. Lightly wipe cookwell with vegetable oil. Set rack in cookwell.
- Arrange meat on rack. Add onion, bay leaf and hot water. Cover; roast 2 to 2½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and rack from cookwell. Carefully lift out cookwell; slowly pour out and discard hot water.
- Clean cookwell. Set cookwell into heatwell.
- Cover; preheat to 400º F. Lightly wipe cookwell with vegetable oil.
- Set rack into preheated heatwell. Place meat on rack; brush sauce evenly over meat.
- Cover; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is set. Serves 4.