Make your next summer picnic unforgettable with our fan-favorite Barbecued Ribs. And this time, forget the grill. The NESCO 18 Qt. Roaster Oven does the work for you by holding temperature steady in its innovative cookwell. Enjoy juicy, tender meat that falls right off the bone. Don’t forget napkins!
Your Key Ingredient:
6 lbs spareribs or country-style lean ribs
Hot water to cover ribs
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups barbecue sauce
1 bay leaf
- Preheat 18 Qt. NESCO® Roaster Oven to 250° F.
- Set rack in preheated cookwell. Arrange meat on rack.
- Add onion, bay leaf and hot water. Cover.
- Roast for 2 to 2½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Carefully lift rack out onto large tray with sides. Remove cookwell.
- Slowly pour out and discard hot water.
- Wash cookwell. Set cookwell in heatwell. Cover.
- Preheat at 425° F and lightly wipe cookwell with cooking oil. Place meat on rack.
- Brush sauce evenly over meat. Set rack in preheated cookwell. Cover.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is set and edges begin to brown. Serves 8