Feel the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day with our traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. Tender and salty with just the right amount of spice, this recipe itself is a reason to celebrate. NESCO Pressure Cookers are safe, quiet, and incredibly fast, so you spend less time in the kitchen. This dish is paired perfectly with a tall glass of Guinness.
Your Key Ingredient:
4 lbs corned beef brisket or round
4 cups water
8 potatoes, medium, cut in halves
8 cabbage wedges
8 onions, small, whole
- Place corned beef in removable cooking Pot of the NESCO® 3-in-1 Digital 6 Qt. Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Add water. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin ‘clicks’ into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “Pressure” or “Seal” [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on Control Panel on “HIGH”. Set desired cooking time by pressing “HIGH” button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [45 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “STEAM” or “VENT” [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover again, repeat Steps 2, 3 and 4 and set time for 8 minutes.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Unplug and remove lid. Ready to serve. Serves 8. NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.