Authentic-tasting lasagna doesn’t have to take hours in the kitchen. If you’re craving classic Italian flavor in half the time, this Lazy Lasagna recipe is for you. Using your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven, simply layer prepared ingredients in the cookwell, cover, and bake. Your whole family will love every bite of this steamy, cheesy entree. For vegetarian-style, just swap out ground meat for your favorite veggies.
Your Key Ingredient:
NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven
1 ½ pounds ground beef, lean
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
48 oz jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups water
16 oz package Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
16 oz carton ricotta cheese
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- In 6 Qt. NESCO® Roaster Oven, brown meat, stir often.
- Add green pepper and onion. Cook till onions turn transparent. Remove grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce, seasonings and water. Simmer. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Remove cookwell from roaster. Put 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of cookwell. Layer uncooked lasagna noodles. Use three for each layer, cheeses and sauce, reserving enough cheese to top lasagna during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Preheat roaster to 325° F with lid on. When preheated, remove lid, place cookwell in roaster, cover and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Serves 6 to 10.
The NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven makes a wonderfully thick lasagna, however, it makes quite a lot. It freezes and reheats well. When freezing, leave final cheese layer off and add it during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Submitted by Mimi Shanahan who lives in McCook Lake, South Dakota.