Looking for an Easter dish everyone will love? Our Pineapple Glazed Ham is a tried and true holiday favorite. With just a few kitchen ingredients and your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven, this sweet and salty recipe is ready to go in just a few hours.
Your Key Ingredient:
5 lb fully-cooked boneless ham
8 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 large orange, squeezed and peel grated
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 cups ginger ale
1 small red potato
- Remove cookwell; cover heatwell. Preheat NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven to 325º F.
- Score top of ham; place on rack in cookwell. Combine pineapple, orange juice, peel, honey, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice and ginger in small bowl; stir until mixed. Spoon over ham.
- Pour ginger ale into cookwell around ham; add potato to liquid.
- Set cookwell in preheated heatwell. Cover and roast 1 hour.
- Baste ham with juices. Reduce temperature to 250º F and slow-roast 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 120º F on meat thermometer.
- Remove potato, discard. Baste ham with pan juices before slicing. Serves 8 to 10.