Coming home to dinner ready is possible with our Quick ‘n Easy Chicken & Noodles recipe. Just add ingredients into NESCO’s 6 Qt. Roaster Oven, set, and cover. Made with creamy sauce and hearty chicken, this recipe will become a favorite in your weekly meal rotation. Grab a spoon and dig in.
Your Key Ingredient:
4 or 5 frozen (thawed) or fresh chicken breasts, skinned
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup (2 cans each for more sauce but add more water)
2-3 Tbsp fresh or dried chives
1/2-1 cup dried onion pieces
1 Tbsp garlic powder salt and pepper to taste
3-4 soup cans of water (5 cups) Optional: 1/2 can white wine (instead of 1/2 can water)
1 bag egg noodles
- Put chicken in NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven (no rack).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour soup mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook at 300° F for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally to keep from sides of roaster. Add water, if needed. Don’t let it get dry.
- Lower heat and let it cook another hour.
- Cook noodles. Pour onto a platter.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over noodles. Serves 4. This recipe was submitted by Betty Dunn of Concord, California.