Your search for the perfect chicken recipe is over. Our Roast Chicken Breasts are juicy, tender, and perfectly flavored in a creamy combination of mushroom and rice. Use your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven to cook this meal for four in just under an hour.
Your Key Ingredient:
10 3/4 oz cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups long-grain rice
2 cups wild rice
4 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
4 whole chicken breasts, skinned (approx. 3 lbs)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat 6 Qt. NESCO® Roaster Oven to 350º F. Combine soup, sour cream, and broth; set aside.
- Lightly wipe cookwell with vegetable oil. Spoon rice into preheated cookwell.
- Add mushrooms, celery and onions; stir.
- Spoon half the soup mixture over rice.
- Arrange chicken breast over rice mixture. Pour remaining half of soup mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle on almonds and cheese. Cover; roast 45 to 55 minutes or until done (180º F on meat thermometer). Serves 4.
Note: Pork chops may be substituted for chicken.