Cheesy, melty, and overflowing with meaty goodness, these Spicy Enchiladas are everything you’ve been searching for in the perfect dinner meal. Dive into rich enchilada sauce and authentic chile flavor that will satisfy your entire family. Your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven prepares this recipe in less than an hour – don’t be surprised if it becomes a weekly favorite.
Your Key Ingredient:
12 corn tortillas
Salad oil (for frying tortillas)
2 cups enchilada sauce
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- Remove cookwell from NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven. Cover roaster base and preheat at 350ºF.
- Brown meat in fry pan; add onion and cook until onion is soft. Add enchilada sauce. Simmer about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In fry pan, heat oil and fry tortillas in oil just long enough to soften.
- Dip in enchilada sauce. Put about 3 Tbsp filling in center, sprinkle with 2 tsp onion and overlap edges at center.
- Wipe cookwell with vegetable oil. Place filled enchiladas side by side into cookwell.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Remove cover and place cookwell into roaster. Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until hot throughout. Serve with sour cream. Serves 4 to 6.