Chicken "Casserole" in Mushroom Sauce - Pressure Cooker
2½ cups chicken broth
1 cup onions, chopped
10 oz mushrooms, sliced
8 oz wide egg noodles or pasta
2 lbs chicken - boneless, skinned and cut into 1" chunks
10 oz can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 tsp thyme
1 cup frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp dill weed or parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Combine broth, onions, and mushrooms in the removable cooking pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
2. Add noodles and place chicken pieces on top.
3. Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
4. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
5. Then set Pressure Button on Control Panel on "HIGH". Set desired cooking time by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [5 minutes].
6. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
7. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
8. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
9. Remove lid, stir in soup, thyme, peas, salt and pepper. Gently break up any noodles or pasta that are sticking together or clinging to bottom of cooker.
10. Replace lid as stated above. Set cooking time [2 minutes] by pressing "LOW" button. Press START/STOP button to begin cooking.
11. When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times. Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release. Unplug and remove lid. Transfer 'casserole' to a large serving dish and garnish with dill or parsley, if desired.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.