If you’re craving a little bit of sweet and sour at your summer picnic, these Pickled Red Beet Eggs are the perfect addition to your warm-weather outing. Our recipe is simple with the help of the NESCO Egg Cooker. What are you waiting for? Get crackin’ and enjoy your pickled eggs as a tangy snack or side.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 (15 ounce) can beets
1 onion, thinly sliced
12 hard-cooked eggs, shelled and left whole
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
- Measure the amount of water for hard-boiled marked on the measuring cup and pour water into base.
- Use the pin on the measuring cup and prick each egg before placing on the tray (reduces cracking eggshells).
- Drain liquid from the beets into saucepan. Place beets, onions, and eggs into a large bowl or pitcher.
- Pour sugar and vinegar into the saucepan with the beet liquid and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and let the mixture simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour the beet juice mixture over the beets, eggs, and onions.
- Seal the bowl or pitcher and refrigerate. Refrigerate for at least one to 3 days; the longer they are allowed to sit the better they will taste.