Red Cabbage-Apple Combo - Pressure Cooker
3/4 cup water
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 tsp salt
2 pound head of red cabbage - quartered, cored, then thinly-sliced
1 cup dried apple rings, tightly packed, or; (use 2 fresh apples, peeled, cored and quartered)
2 Tbsp butter (optional)
- Combine water, vinegar, honey, caraway and salt in removable Cooking Pot of NESCO® 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Add cabbage and arrange apple rings on top.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and locking pin 'clicks' into place.
- Turn pressure regulator knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set pressure button on "HIGH" . Set desired cooking time by pressing "HIGH" button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [3 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and floating valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn pressure regulator knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Let stand for a few minutes to allow steam to further tenderize the cabbage.
- Remove lid and stir in butter, if desired.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and serve in individual bowls.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.