Scalloped Potatoes and Ham - Pressure Cooker
2 medium potatoes, sliced
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 cup ham, cooked, cubed
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
3/4 cup milk
Mix flour, salt and pepper. In greased 1 Quart metal or heatproof glass bowl, arrange 3 layers of potatoes and ham, sprinkling each layer of potatoes with part of flour mixture and dot with butter. Pour milk over potatoes and cover bowl with foil.
- Pour 1½ cups water in Cooking Pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Place bowl on rack in cooker. Put lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin 'clicks' into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "Pressure" or "Seal" [see note below].
- Then set Pressure Button on control panel on "HIGH". Set desired cooking time by pressing "HIGH" button once for each [18-20 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and floating valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Let appliance stand and allow pressure to drop down naturally which takes 10 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn Pressure Regulator Knob to "STEAM" or "VENT" [see note below]
- Remove lid and carefully remove pan/bowl from cooker using hot pads.
- Garnish potatoes, if desired, with paprika, chopped parsley or grated Cheddar cheese.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.