Nutty Chicken Dog Treats - Pet Treat
2 cups chicken, cooked, & diced or finely shredded
1 cup water
1 cup grated summer squash, fresh
1 cup rice flour
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1 Tbsp peanuts, unsalted
1 Tbsp walnuts
- Put cooked chicken in a food processor or blender. Add water & puree until there are no more meat chunks. Pour into a bowl & set aside.
- Rinse & dry blender
- Put flaxseeds, peanuts & walnuts in blender & chop until the pieces are fine. (Not a powder but small pieces.)
- Add nut mixture, squash, & rice flour to meat mixture & mix well.
- Drop by treat-sized teaspoonful on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate in your Nesco®/American Harvest® Dehydrator for approximately 5-7 hours or until outside is dry. The inside will be soft.
Treats can be stored in refrigerator for about 3 weeks in an airtight container. Excess can be frozen.
Makes about 4 dozen treats depending on the size of the teaspoonful.
Replace chicken with cooked turkey
Replace squash with zucchini
Replace rice flour with potato flour