Dazzle guests at your next get together with our classic 8-inch Cheesecake. Rich and decadent, this homemade recipe rivals any store-bought dessert and can be prepared right in your NESCO Roaster Oven. After preparing ingredients, simply cover and bake in the cookwell for the perfect creamy texture. Paired with a dollop of whipped creams or berries, you won’t be able to turn down a second slice.
Your Key Ingredient:
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
8 oz plus 1 (3 oz) packages cream cheese
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 375º F. Combine crust ingredients in medium bowl; stir until well blended.
- Pat into 8″ springform pan. Set pan on rack in preheated cookwell. Cover and bake 10 minutes. Remove pan from cookwell; set aside. Cover Roaster Oven.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients in medium mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour filling batter over crust in pan.
- Reduce temperature to 350º F. Set pan on rack in hot cookwell. Cover and bake 55 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Transfer pan to cooling rack, away from drafts; cover with towel. Let cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serves 6.