Crumbly, sweet, and sticky, our homemade Apple Berry Crisp will become your go-to fall dessert. In addition to fresh apples, we choose to mix our crisp with a handful of berries and just a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. The NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven bakes crust to golden perfection. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or simply enjoy it on its own.
Your Key Ingredient:
6 large apples, cored, thick slices
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup sugar, granulated
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1½; tsp cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp lemon peel, grated
1 (9″) pie crust, unbaked
Pie Crust Topping:
1 cup granola
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbsp butter
- Remove cookwell. Preheat heatwell of 6 Qt. NESCO® Roaster Oven at 350° F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except pie crust. Stir well.
- Roll pie crust into rectangle slightly larger than cookwell. Place crust in bottom of cookwell.
- Place apples and berries evenly over crust.
- In small bowl, blend topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
- Place cookwell in preheated heatwell. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Serves 8 – Serve warm with ice cream and a dash of cinnamon. You may substitute fresh or frozen cranberries, strawberries or cherries for either blueberries and/or raspberries.