Take it from us: one of the best ways to enjoy fresh fruit is baked into a dessert. Our Apple and Raspberry Cobbler is no exception. Wrapped in a golden pastry crust and bursting with juicy flavor, there’s no telling how long this treat will last once your family has a taste. The NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven makes every step easy with its preheated cookwell and lift-out handles. Serve up summertime sweetness.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 (9″) pastry crust
1 large egg yolk
1 Tbsp water
8 large baking apples, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
1 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Remove cookwell; cover heatwell. Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 375º F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on lightly floured surface to form an 11 x 7½;” rectangle. Pat dough into bottom of cookwell.
- Combine egg yolk and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Brush over pastry. Set cookwell in preheated heatwell.
- Cover and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until dough begins to set.
- Layer apples and raspberries over dough; sprinkle on sugar and spice. Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve hot. Serves 4 to 6.