Your family won’t be able to resist a second helping of our Barbecued Beef Short Ribs. Slathered in gravy and seasoned with vegetables, these short ribs go fast around hungry stomachs. And forget about spending hours at the stove; with your NESCO Pressure Cooker, this meal is ready in just about 40 minutes. We recommend serving on a heap of mashed potatoes.
Your Key Ingredient:
6 lbs short ribs, cut in pieces
3 Tbsp bacon fat (or vegetable oil)
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cups ketchup
2 tsp celery seed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp dry mustard
2 cups water
- Place removable cooking pot in pressure cooker. Add fat or oil. Select the “BROWN” setting on the control panel of your NESCO® Pressure Cooker.
- Add ribs and begin browning. When the meat is browned, press START/STOP button and add remaining ingredients. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock in place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “Pressure” or “Seal”. Set pressure setting to “HIGH”. Set desired cooking time to 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes is completed, release pressure and remove ribs. If additional cooking time is needed, reset pressure cooker to add desired cooking time.
- When meat is done, remove ribs from cooking pot. Measure the amount of liquid remaining in cooking pot. In a separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 cup cold water for each cup liquid.
- Using the BROWN function, heat the liquid to boiling. Slowly add the flour/water mixture while stirring. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add meat back in cooking pot and stir to coat meat with gravy. Serves 4 to 8. NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as ‘SEAL’ and Steam as ‘VENT’.