You can’t beat this simple, healthy meal for the perfect weeknight dinner. Sprinkled with herbs and flavored with just a dash of lemon, our Chicken and Vegetables recipe focuses on freshness. Prepare enough for your family and more using NESCO’s 6 Qt. Roaster Oven. The “Circle of Heat” technology cooks chicken until tender. Serve right away or save for the perfect meal-prepped lunch.
Your Key Ingredient:
3 to 3½ lb chicken pieces, skinned
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
8 large red plum tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup lemon juice or chicken broth
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp tarragon
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp paprika fresh hot pasta, to serve
- Preheat NESCO® Roaster Oven to 300º F. Lightly wipe cookwell with cooking oil.
- Arrange chicken in preheated cookwell. Add vegetables.
- Stir together lemon juice, sugar, and tarragon. Pour over meat and vegetables; sprinkle on parsley and paprika.
- Cover; roast 60 to 70 minutes (180º F on meat thermometer).
- Prepare fresh pasta and serve with hot chicken. Serves 4.