Tuck into warm, grilled vegetables for tonight’s dinner. The NESCO Reversible Grill and Griddle is perfect for making Garlic and Herb Portabella Mushrooms. Equal amounts of shallots, garlic, basil, and chives give these mushrooms an elegant, savory flavor. Enjoy this recipe as a meaty main course or as a delicious side.
Your Key Ingredient:
NESCO Reversible Grill and Griddle
4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed, rinsed, and dried well
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons diced shallots
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons finely diced fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons finely diced fresh chives
Salt and pepper as desired
- Preheat NESCO® Reversible Grill and Griddle to medium. Place griddle near an exhaust hood, as the oil may produce smoke.
- Place the mushroom caps on a plate. Add the olive oil, shallots, garlic, basil, and chives to a bowl and blend well.
- Spread the olive oil herb mixture evenly over the tops (the flat side) of the mushrooms with a small spoon.
- Place mushrooms, flat side up, on griddle. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish (sprinkle with shaved cheese if desired) or as the filling in a sandwich. Makes 4 servings.