Make Long-Grain Rice FAST in your NESCO Pressure Cooker. While some rice recipes can take up to 45 minutes to cook in a saucepan, this quick recipe prepares it in just a few minutes. Long-Grain Rice pairs perfectly with stir fry, lemon chicken, or shrimp.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 cup long-grain rice
2 cups water
- Place rice and water in removable Cooking Pot of NESCO® 6 Qt. 3-in-1 Digital Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Place lid on cooker and turn counter-clockwise until it locks into place and Locking Pin ‘clicks’ into place.
- Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “Pressure” or “Seal” [see note below].
- Set Pressure Button on “HIGH”. Set desired cooking time by pressing “HIGH” button once for each minute or hold down continuously until desired time is reached [5 minutes].
- Press START/STOP button to begin cooking. Indicator light will stop flashing. Cooker will begin to count down (in minutes) and Floating Valve will rise after appropriate cooking pressure has been reached.
- When time control reaches zero, cooker will beep 3 times and switch to the WARM setting automatically.
- Press START/STOP button to make sure unit is completely off. Turn Pressure Regulator Knob to “STEAM” or “VENT” [see note below] in short bursts and allow pressure to release.
- Remove lid and serve. Yield: 3 cups of Cooked Rice.
NOTE: The PC6-25P 3-in-1 Pressure Cooker Regulator Knob identifies Pressure as SEAL and Steam as VENT.