The last thing you want to worry about on Thanksgiving Day is the side dishes. This year, hit the ground running with our Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes. Before the craziness hits, you’ll have this recipe ready to serve. Use your NESCO 6 Qt. Roaster Oven for the perfect batch of creamy, buttery potatoes.
Your Key Ingredient:
5 lbs russet potatoes
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup chives
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes in 1½ to 2″ chunks. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil until tender.
- Drain. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Mash potatoes, add butter and 1 cup milk, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, chives, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
- Put potatoes in NESCO® Roaster Oven and smooth in cookwell with back of spoon.
- Set at 200º F for 1 hour to reheat potatoes. Then turn temperature up to 350º F for 1 hour to roast. Leave potatoes in roaster at 150º F until ready to serve.
- Once roasted, they will remain moist and delicious up to 2 hours. Serves 20-25.
Submitted by Jamie Parchman, Rio Hondo, TX.