Our gourmet Stuffed Peppers recipe is bursting with flavor. Not only is this meal the perfect size for single servings, but it’s also filling and nutritious. NESCO’s 6 Qt. Roaster Oven infuses peppers with the savory stuffing. You can make this recipe up to two days ahead by filling peppers and storing them in the fridge to cook later.
Your Key Ingredient:
1 pound sausage meat
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
2 cups hot water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 cup brown rice
8 ½ oz can Lima Beans (optional)
10oz can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp pepper
- In cookwell, brown sausage at 350° F. Drain off grease.
- Lower temperature to 200° F. Add onions and celery. Stir until soft.
- Add hot water, bouillon, and rice and cook 3/4 hour.
- Add soup and Lima Beans. Add seasonings to taste.
- Set aside stuffing in a large bowl.
- Prepare 4 large green peppers. Slice top off each pepper. Remove stem and seeds. Fill each pepper with mixture above.
- Place stuffed peppers on rack in cookwell of NESCO® 6 Qt. Roaster Oven. Add 1/4 cup hot water. Cook for 1 ½ hours or until tender at 200° F.
- Note: To cut fat, use turkey, low-fat sausage, non-fat soup, and brown rice. Serves 4. This recipe was submitted by Luella Smith who lives in Dalzell, South Carolina.