Looking for the perfect balance of sweet & spicy? Look no further, this is the BEST beef jerky choice for you. You can customize the flavor and the level of spiciness. We know you’ll love it!
Your Key Ingredient:
- 5 lbs. top round beef
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 jalapeños
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- If your beef isn’t pre-sliced, freeze for about 1 hour and use a NESCO® Food Slicer.
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Season both sides of the beef slices with the seasoning mix.
- Mix jalapeños, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and grapefruit to create your marinade.
- Pour over seasoned beef and thoroughly massage the marinade into it.
- Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Arrange the jerky on your NESCO® Dehydrator trays.
- Sprinkle a little crushed red pepper over each jerky slice.
- Set the temperature to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dehydrate for 4-5 hours.